PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN MOSCOW
Tour guide in Moscow
Guide touristique à Moscou
Reiseleitung in Moskau
Excursion to Kolomenskoe of Moscow with private tour guide.
If you are interested in services of a tour guide in Moscow, please get in touch with us through our "Contact us" form, WhatsApp or email.
We will be glad to help you!
Foundations were built in 1670-s. Feeding yard was intended for preparation of food for tsar table. The bread yard was used for baking of bread, pies, spice-cakes, making of sweets, kvass. Here were also glaciers and Foreign cellar with foreign wines, rooms for storage of keys, storerooms and other chambers. Now only foundation remains on the place of the yards.
Memorial in honor of liberation of peasants from serfdom is a monument installed in 1881 in gratitude to Alexander II for the abolition of serfdom.
Initially the monument was installed near the village Tsaritsino. It consists of 4 blocks: base, two central blocks and figured completion. All this stands on two substructure plates. At first, according to the achieve sources, white-stone post was erected on peasants’ money after the death of Alexander II in 1881 and, probably was decorated with icons and inscriptions which haven’t survived.
In 1927 the Honey House which is one of the first monuments of wooden architecture in museum collection, was moved to Kolomenskoe from the territory of the former village Preobrajenskoe. Honey house is household building of former Nikolaevskiy Convent of Common Faith serving as kitchen for the preparation of drinks based on honey.
Itineraries in Moscow (see more)
Building of the Rich yard is situated in the center of manor Kolomenskoe, it is one of the main structures of household complex preserved to our days.
According to the results of historical and architectural researches there is an assumption that rich yard was initially one-story L-shaped building situated in south-eastern corner of Tsar yard. It consisted of few chambers: “Bread chamber” had three stone furnaces for baking of bread; “Key room” – palace supplies, here was a house-keeper managing all these; “Acetic chamber” was intended for preparation of wine and kvasses; “Culinary chamber” was used for preparation of fish and meat dishes; “Foreign chamber” for storage of wines.
In connection with wide-ranging reconstruction by the order of Catherine II in 1766-1768 construction works were carried out on the Rich yard. As a result, the second floor was built above the chambers, the vaults were dismantled and on their place wooden ceilings were installed.
During the war of 1812 Pantry chamber and “Foreign” cellar were badly damaged since they were robbed by the Frenchmen. As a result, other rooms located in the north wing of Rich yard were also destructed. This was the reason of disassembling of this part of the yard in the beginning of 20-s of XIX century. In the survived part of the palace from the middle of XIX to the beginning of XX century there was a hotel and then state school.
The last large-scale complex of repair and restoration works was carried out in 2009. Nowadays, Rich yard is an integral element of general ensemble of Kolomenskoe, really disclosing the life of XVII-XVIII centuries.