PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN MOSCOW
Tour guide in Moscow
Guide touristique à Moscou
Reiseleitung in Moskau
If you are interested in services of a tour guide in Moscow, please get in touch with us through our "Contact us" form, WhatsApp or email
We will be glad to help you!
The center of Moscow, from here the city begins. In the days of Yuri Dolgorukiy, the first Kremlin, the wooden one, was laid down. An oak Kremlin appears during the time of Ivan Kalita, a white stone Kremlin during the times of Dmitry Donskoy and the current one under Ivan III.
The Moscow Kremlin has 20 towers. The length of the walls is 2235 meters, the height of the walls is from 8 to 19 meters, the thickness is from 3.5 to 6.5 meters.
Itineraries in Moscow (see more)
A battle platform, invisible from outside, with a width of 2 to 4.5 meters was laid on top of the entire wall.
There used to be more gate towers, now there are only four, two from the side of Red Square - Spasskaya and Nikolskaya and two from the side of the Alexander Garden - Troitskaya and Borovitskaya.
Along the wall there are merlons, shaped like bifurcated swallow tails, which served as a shelter from enemies. Totally 1045 merlons 2-2.5 meters high and 65-70 cm thick.
The towers have different names that derive from their location or from their use.
Now the Moscow Kremlin - a unique architectural and artistic ensemble - is the largest museum in the world, the political center of Russia, where the residence of the head of the Russian state is located.
Troitskaya Tower - height with a star is 80 meters. The tower got its modern name in 1685 from the courtyard of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius in the Kremlin. The gate of the Troitskaya Tower was considered second after Spassky by its importance. In the 17th century, the gate served as a passage to the mansions of the tzarina and tzarevnas, to the court of the patriarch.
In the Upper floor, a chiming clock was installed, playing "God Save the Tsar", but which after the fire of 1812 was not restored.
The tower has six floors and deep two-story basement. In the 16-17 centuries it was used as a prison.
Before the revolution, the tower kept the archive of the ministry of the imperial court.
Now the presidential orchestra is based here.