PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN MOSCOW
Tour guide in Moscow
Guide touristique à Moscou
Reiseleitung in Moskau
If you are interested in services of a tour guide in Moscow, please get in touch with us through our "Contact us" form, WhatsApp or email
We will be glad to help you!
It was made by an order of Tsar Fyodor Ivanovich in 1586. in the workshops of the Moscow Kremlin. By caliber, which is 890mm, it is the largest cannon in the world. Its weight is approaching 40 tons. The bronze barrel of the cannon is decorated with molded curly friezes, ornamental belts, commemorative inscriptions and an equestrian figure of Tsar Fyodor Ivanovich.
Currently, the Tsar Cannon is on a cast-iron decorative carriage, decorated with a lion's head and grass ornament. The carriage weighs 15 tons, cast-iron cannonballs 1 ton each. Carriages and cannonballs were cast in 1835 in St. Petersburg.
It was a combat weapon which was to be used to protect the Kremlin. But as experts say, it never fired. Previously, the cannon was located on the Red Square near the Spasskaya Tower on a wooden platform. The Tsar Cannon receive its present later, while earlier it was called the “State Shotgun”. By the 19th century, it lost its significance and became a monument.
Itineraries in Moscow (see more)
The Tsar Bell - It was cast by a decree of Empress Anna Ioannovna in 1733-1735. To date, it is the largest bell in the world.
Many believe that the bell is called the Tsar Bell because it is large, but in fact the tzar’s or the tsar bell was called the one on which there were images of tzars.
The Tsar Bell weighs 200 tons. Height - 6.14 meters. The circumference is 6.6 meters, the wall thickness is 61 centimeters. The fragment of the bell weights about 11.5 tons.
On the bell of Anna Ioannovna, the image of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich indicates that the new bell was cast from an older one made at the time of the same emperor in the 17th century.
Inside the bell there is a clapper about 5 meters long, probably from the predecessor of the Tsar Bell.
The Tzar Bell never had a clapper.
Previously, there was an administrative building, built in the neoclassical style in 1932-1934.
Until 1929, there were two monasteries, one for women and one for men. Which were later destroyed by the Bolsheviks.