PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN MOSCOW
Tour guide in Moscow
Guide touristique à Moscou
Reiseleitung in Moskau
If you are interested in services of a tour guide in Moscow, please get in touch with us through our "Contact us" form, WhatsApp or email.
We will be glad to help you!
Itineraries in Moscow (see more)
How can one skip bunker of Stalin? It is almost impossible! Don't hesitate to visit this unique site with a Moscow tour guide. During the excursion in English you will learn that:
- Bunker of Stalin on Taganka is located in the center of Moscow near the Sadovoye ring, at the depth of 65 meters, and its area is over 7000 sq. m.
- History of creation of the underground site started in 1950s during the cold war – due to threat from the nuclear weapons.
- The territory of the underground complex now houses Bunker-42 museum, as well as halls for gala dinners and official events.
- The museum has a lift that takes you down to the -18th floor, and then back to the surface.
Please, take into account that during any season and in any weather a constant comfortable temperature is maintained in the complex – slightly above 20 degrees Celsius. In front of the entrance there is a cloak room for large personal items.
- Entrance to the complex was disguised as a building of the XIX century. Its walls conceal 6 m thick protection buffer made of concrete. People inside the bunker were protected with a system of labyrinth corridors and with armed doors (as protection from atomic blast).
- There is a lift shaft with staircase that leads directly to the bunker.
- Bunker is located at the same level as Ring (Koltzevaya) line of the metro. In some places of the bunker sound of passing metro trains can be heard.
- Underground complex of 7000 square meters is divided into 4 tunnel blocks.
- Daily between 100 and 600 people came here for alert duty.
- In case of a nuclear explosion the underground town could shelter 5000 people. Thanks to stored food, fuel, and system of regeneration and purification of air the sheltered people could live there for 6 months.
This complex was built after some engineering experiments. At first a model of bunker was constructed and tested at a special testing ground. Totally in the beginning of the 1950s three tests with a nuclear explosion were carried out.
If you are interested in the history of cold war and confrontation between the USSR and the USA, this site is really a must for you. Tour of the Bunker-42 museum with a guide in English will be interesting for everybody. This unusual historic monument is very popular both among adults and schoolchildren of 8-9 years and older.